Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If you like chai, you’ll love this comforting cardamom-flavored dessert.
1. Bring soymilk, rice, and salt to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in brown sugar, raisins, almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom. Cook 5 minutes, until thickened.
3. Remove from heat, and divide among six dishes. Serve warm or cold, garnished with chopped almonds and sprinkled with rose water, if desired.
- Calories 258
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 182 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g