Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
For a chunkier soup, purée only half of the soup mixture, then stir it back into the remaining broth and vegetables.
1. Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat. Add parsnips, carrots, and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add 3/4 cup broth; cook 10 minutes, or until broth is evaporated. Add remaining 5 1/4 cups broth, 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, and basil. Cover, and bring to a brisk boil. Remove from heat. Purée soup in blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Chop remaining 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, and stir into soup. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar, and garnish with toast.
- Calories 271
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 556 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g