Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This dessert tastes like a gourmet version of the ones in the pop-top cans you ate as a kid.
1. Whisk together 1/2 cup soymilk and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining 11/2 cups soymilk, cocoa, chocolate chips, sugar, coffee and nutmeg in large saucepan. Warm over medium heat until chocolate chips have melted. Whisk in cornstarch mixture, and cook 10 minutes over medium-low heat, or until pudding thickens and begins to boil. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
3. Divide pudding among 4 custard cups. Chill well before serving.
- Calories 163
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 39 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g