This recipe lends itself to a wide variety of edible flowers. Try it with chive blossoms, sweet peas, nasturtiums, marigold petals, calendula petals, or chopped sunflower or squash petals.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 6 Tbs. creme fraIche
- 6 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 1 cup chopped edible flowers, plus 8 flowers for decoration, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 sprigs fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water, adding peas 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain, and reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together crème fraîche, cheese, and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then fold in chopped flowers and chives.
3. Whisk reserved 1/4 cup pasta cooking water into crème fraîche mixture. Add pasta, and toss to coat. Divide pasta among plates, and garnish each serving with basil sprig and whole edible flower.
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 23 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 178 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g