Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This recipe lends itself to a wide variety of edible flowers. Try it with chive blossoms, sweet peas, nasturtiums, marigold petals, calendula petals, or chopped sunflower or squash petals.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water, adding peas 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain, and reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together crème fraîche, cheese, and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then fold in chopped flowers and chives.
3. Whisk reserved 1/4 cup pasta cooking water into crème fraîche mixture. Add pasta, and toss to coat. Divide pasta among plates, and garnish each serving with basil sprig and whole edible flower.
- Calories 320
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 178 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g