The flavors of lime, cilantro and avocado combine in this creamy gazpacho. The cucumber contributes a light crunch.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce, or more to taste
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup dairy or soy sour cream, optional
Put 2 avocados, vegetable stock, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup scallions, lime juice, cumin and hot pepper sauce in food processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Transfer soup to non-metallic container, cover and refrigerate until chilled, 1 to 2 hours.
To serve, chop remaining avocado, and stir it, as well as remaining scallions, tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro, into soup. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with dollop of sour cream, if using.
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 135 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g