- 1 oz. mixed dried mushrooms, such as oysters, porcini, and chanterelles, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, such as cremini and white button, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup soy creamer
1. Place dried mushrooms in medium bowl. Cover with 2 cups hot water,and let stand 30 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Bring soaking liquid and broth to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Cover, and keep warm.
2. Heat 1 1/2 tsp. oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add rehydrated mushrooms and 1/4 tsp. salt; sauté 2 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Transfer mushrooms to plate; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil in same saucepan over medium heat. Add fresh mushrooms, shallot, pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Increase heat to medium-high, and stir in sherry. Simmer 3 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk flour into broth mixture. Stir broth mixture into mushroom mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes. Transfer soup to blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot; stir in creamer and reserved rehydrated mushrooms, reserving a few for garnish, if using.
- Calories: 88
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 248 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g