This creamy dish is rich and comforting. The sweetness of the butternut squash and tomatoes is balanced by the slight bitterness of the Swiss chard. Sautéeing the chard in ghee oil gives it light and a buttery taste.
- Make the pasta: In a large pan on medium heat, melt the ghee, then sauté the garlic for about a minute. Garlic burns super easily, so keep an eye on it. Stir in the pasta and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and let simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. If the pasta has soaked up all the liquid but isn’t tender, add a little more veggie stock as needed and simmer until cooked through. Stir in the cream cheese, onion powder, pepper and salt. Reduce the heat to low.
- Make the butternut squash: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay butternut squash cubes onto the parchment paper-lined tray in an even layer so that they are not overlapping. Drizzle the squash with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Make the cherry tomatoes: Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Spray with ghee oil to coat evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and fragrant.
- Make the greens: Wash and clean the chard leaves. Depending on your preference, you can remove the stems at the bottom of the leaves or keep them and slice them up. Roll the leaves into a cigar-like shape and slice across horizontally into one-inch wide strips. Heat the ghee oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the chard leaves and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the chard leaves wilt down. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Assemble the bowl: Place equal amounts of pasta in each bowl. Top with butternut squash and a side of sautéed greens and cherry tomatoes.