- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 3 cups peeled, cubed celery root
- 1 medium onion, chopped (11/2 cups)
- 2 medium unpeeled Bartlett pears, diced (11/2 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced (11/4 cups)
- 3 1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 packed cups stemmed and chopped mustard greens (2 oz.)
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1. Heat 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté celery root, onion, pears, and celery 2 minutes. Stir in 3 cups broth, cover pan, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
2. Purée soup in batches in blender until very smooth, then return to saucepan. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth to blender, swirl to clean any soup from sides of jar, then pour into saucepan.
3. Blend mustard greens, lemon juice, remaining 11/2 Tbs. oil, and 1/4 cup soup in mini food processor until almost smooth. Thin with 1 Tbs. or more soup, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Ladle soup into bowls, and swirl 2 Tbs. pesto into each serving.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 262 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g