Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Heat 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté celery root, onion, pears, and celery 2 minutes. Stir in 3 cups broth, cover pan, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
2. Purée soup in batches in blender until very smooth, then return to saucepan. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth to blender, swirl to clean any soup from sides of jar, then pour into saucepan.
3. Blend mustard greens, lemon juice, remaining 11/2 Tbs. oil, and 1/4 cup soup in mini food processor until almost smooth. Thin with 1 Tbs. or more soup, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Ladle soup into bowls, and swirl 2 Tbs. pesto into each serving.
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 262 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g