Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Traditional cream soups are made with a roux consisting of butter, flour and milk. This tasty recipe omits the flour and thickens the soup with oats.
1. In large saucepan, combine oil, juice or wine, broccoli, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, about 15 minutes. Add thyme, basil and stock.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender. Add oatmeal and process until thick and creamy. Return to pot and add cayenne pepper to taste.
- Calories 97
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 764 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g