Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The homemade blackberry sauce on these elegant crêpes comes together in minutes and makes a great topping for ice cream and yogurt. Try the recipe with raspberries or blueberries, as well.
1. To make Crêpes: Blend milk, flour, eggs, oil, vanilla, and salt in blender until smooth. Transfer batter to bowl, and refrigerate 1 hour, or overnight.
2. To make Filling: Pulse all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. To make Sauce: Bring all ingredients to a simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until mixture is juicy and berries are softened. Smash berries against sides of saucepan with fork, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes more. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tsp. butter in large (10-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat, swirling pan to coat. Add 1⁄4 cup of crêpe batter to center of pan, and quickly swirl pan to spread batter into large circle. Cook 1 1⁄2 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Loosen crêpe edges with spatula, and flip. Cook 1 1⁄2 minutes more, or until both sides of crêpe are set and beginning to brown. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan with butter as needed.
5. To assemble: Spread 1⁄4 cup filling on one side of crêpe. Fold in edges like a letter, and transfer to plate. Repeat with second Crêpe and stack Crêpes slightly overlapping on plate. Top with 1 Tbs. Sauce. Garnish with orange zest, if desired.
- Serving Size 2 crêpes
- Calories 562
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 197 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 449 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g