Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If you’re a fan of Rice Krispies treats, you’ll love these crunchy-chewy bars. They get fiber and iron from whole grain puffed cereal and protein from almond butter.
1. Stir together cereal, dried fruits and cinnamon in large bowl.
2. Place syrup, almond butter and soy margarine in large, microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high, or until hot and margarine has melted. Stir well, then pour over cereal mixture. Stir to coat.
3. Dampen hands with cold water. Press cereal mixture firmly into 9×9-inch square baking pan, re-wetting hands if necessary to keep mixture from sticking. Freeze 30 minutes. Cut into 15 bars, and store in refrigerator.
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g