Chunks of nuts and cranberries give these rice bars a novel twist, and they won’t send you into sugar shock.
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup roasted, salted whole almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chunky-style unsalted almond butter
- 5 Tbs. brown rice syrup
1. Coat 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. 2. Stir together cereal, almonds, and cranberries in large bowl. 3. Microwave almond butter and brown rice syrup in microwave-safe bowl 30 seconds. Stir until blended. Pour over cereal mixture, and stir until coated. Press firmly into prepared pan with wet hands. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour. 4. Run knife around edge of pan, and invert onto cutting board. Cut into 8 2- x 4-inch bars. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or parchment (to prevent sticking), and store in airtight container.
- Calories: 272
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 137 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g