Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These gnocchi (Italian potato dumplings) are crisped in the pan directly from the freezer, completely eliminating the need to boil them first. The result is a consistency that’s something between pasta and a pan-fried dumpling. For a little extra crunch and protein, add a handful of toasted nuts to the dish.
1. Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning often, until browned. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Pour 1 tsp. oil into pan, and add mushrooms. Cook 7 minutes, or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and transfer to same bowl as gnocchi.
3. Pour remaining oil into pan, and add Brussels sprouts. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until sprouts are crisp-tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Return mushrooms and gnocchi to pan, and sauté 2 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
- Calories 239
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 470 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g