Kale is a rich source of manganese, a mineral that aids in the production of sex hormones. Since the body has only trace amounts, a sudden influx of manganese may give your libido a lift. Serve this appetizer immediately—the leaves lose their crunch after a couple of hours.
- 1 lb. kale, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Tear kale into 3-inch pieces, removing tough stems. Transfer leaves to bowl.
3. Toss kale leaves with olive oil in bowl, until well coated. Spread on baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Turn kale with tongs, and bake 10 to 15 minutes more, or until edges are browned and leaves are crispy. Sprinkle with salt. Serve warm or cold.
- Calories: 66
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 184 mg