Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These rice-based crêpes make a satisfying alternative to omelets. Eat one with a knife and fork, or wrap it in a soaked rice paper wrapper and eat it out of hand. Serve with Vietnamese Dipping Sauce.
1. Rinse and drain soaked rice, and blend in blender or food processor with 1 cup water until smooth. Transfer to large bowl, and set aside.
2. Rinse and drain mung beans, and blend in blender or food processor with 1/2 cup water until no lumps remain. Stir mung bean mixture into rice mixture along with coconut milk, green onion, and turmeric.
3. Heat 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup mushrooms and 2 slices tofu, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Ladle in just enough batter to cover stir-fried ingredients, swirling pan to coat bottom. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until bottom is crispy. Scatter 1/4 cup bean sprouts over one side of pancake; fold other side over to form half moon. Cook pancake 1 to 2 minutes more per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have 8 pancakes. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 221 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g