- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small low- to medium-starch potato, such as red bliss or white creamer (do not use russets)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 Tbs. yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Half-fill medium saucepan with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cut vegetables into 1/4-inch slices.
Preheat broiler. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Blanch vegetables until barely fork tender, about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to medium bowl. Let cool for a few minutes.
Toss vegetables with oil, cornmeal and sprinkling of salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables in single layer on prepared sheet. Broil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve warm.
- Calories: 193
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 23 mg