Crunch This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apple When You Want Fall Flavors in a Fresh Package
Autumn flavors combine in a fresh, light salad for a no-cook dish that spans the seasons
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Sometimes autumn flavors can be all about richness. Creamy, squashy soups, heavy casseroles, nutmeg-dusted baked goods. When you want something seasonal but light and fresh, turn to this Brussels sprouts salad. The sprouts are shredded and served raw, tossed with raw apple slices and a drizzle of maple-apple cider vinaigrette. We especially like it as a bright accompaniment to heavier seasonal meals.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Harvest Apple Salad with Yellow Indian Woman Beans
Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pear
White Bean, Brussels Sprouts, and Pomegranate Tart
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
From Clean Eating
- 8 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup goat cheese or vegan alternative
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch each of sea salt and ground black pepper
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Screw on lid and shake vigorously to emulsify into dressing. Set aside.
- Toss remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Add dressing and toss just before serving.