Little bites of goat cheese are rolled in toasted breadcrumbs and paired with arugula and sweet nectarine for the perfect nibble.
- 5 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 2 medium nectarines, each cut into 8 slices
1. Roll 1 1/2 tsp. goat cheese into small ball, and place on plate. Repeat with remaining goat cheese, and chill 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss breadcrumbs with oil, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 16 to 19 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown. Cool. Transfer to small bowl, and roll cheese balls in crumbs, pressing gently to coat.
3. Skewer goat cheese balls, arugula leaves, and nectarine slices on toothpicks.
- Calories: 44
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 47 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g