Chickpeas and vegetables get baked into zucchini shells with a crunchy topping.
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (11/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
1 | Preheat oven to 400°F. Scoop out seeds and flesh from zucchini to create 1/4-inch-thick shell. Chop flesh, and set aside. Place zucchini shells in baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2 | Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, chickpeas, tomatoes, thyme, and chopped zucchini, and sauté 5 minutes, or until tender.
3 | Fill each zucchini shell with 1/2 cup chickpea mixture. Stir together cheese, yogurt, and paprika in small bowl. Spoon 2 Tbs. cheese mixture atop stuffing in each zucchini, then sprinkle each with 1 Tbs. crushed potato chips. Bake 20 minutes, or until stuffed zucchini are heated through and crispy on top.
- Calories: 341
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 370 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g