Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Wrap each beet in small sheet of foil, and roast on baking sheet 40 to 50 minutes, or until beets are tender. Cool, then remove foil, and rub skins from beets. Crush beets to about ¾-inch thickness using underside of small bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, 3 Tbs. olive oil, salt, and pepper until combined. Stir in mint and chives.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add crushed beets and cook 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer to serving plate, and top each beet with 1 Tbs. Greek yogurt and 1 Tbs. vinaigrette. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt (if using.)
- Serving Size 1 Beet
- Calories 159
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 293 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g