Crustless Leek, Greens, and Herb Quiche
Make a quiche for dinner with your favorite greens, then save a slice for lunch with a salad or raw veggies the next day.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 small leeks, white and light green parts halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard, kale, collard greens, or mustard greens
- 4 egg whites
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie dish with olive oil cooking spray. Scatter breadcrumbs over bottom of pie dish.
2. Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil in large pot. Add leeks; boil 3 minutes. Remove pot from heat, add Swiss chard, and let stand 30 to 45 seconds, or until greens are wilted. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again, squeezing out excess water with hands. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites until frothy. Whisk in eggs. Whisk in milk and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk in tarragon and basil.
4. Scatter leeks and Swiss chard over breadcrumbs in prepared pie dish. Dot cheese on top. Pour egg mixture into pie pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown on top. Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 159
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 169 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 226 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g