Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie dish with olive oil cooking spray. Scatter breadcrumbs over bottom of pie dish.
2. Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil in large pot. Add leeks; boil 3 minutes. Remove pot from heat, add Swiss chard, and let stand 30 to 45 seconds, or until greens are wilted. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again, squeezing out excess water with hands. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites until frothy. Whisk in eggs. Whisk in milk and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk in tarragon and basil.
4. Scatter leeks and Swiss chard over breadcrumbs in prepared pie dish. Dot cheese on top. Pour egg mixture into pie pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown on top. Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 159
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 169 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 226 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g