Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add plantains to sheet. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil and toss with plantains. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Spread in an even layer on sheet. Bake, flipping halfway, until golden brown and crisp around edges, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions, using ¼ tsp salt. Fluff with a fork, cover, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan on medium, heat remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add bell pepper and onion and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, cumin, paprika and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beans, 1 cup water and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare sauce: In a blender, blend all sauce ingredients until smooth. Divide quinoa among bowls. Top with bean mixture, mango, avocado, tomatoes and plantain chips. Drizzle with sauce before serving.
Tip: Use a paring knife to peel the plantains by cutting along the natural ridges and peeling the strips off with your knife.
From Clean Eating
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 631
- Carbohydrate Content 89 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 513 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 15 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g