Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If you’re making quesadillas for a crowd, simply assemble them on a baking sheet, and bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350°F, or until cheese inside has melted.
1. Toast cumin seeds in large, dry skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan constantly. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside.
2. Warm 1 tortilla in same skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Flip tortilla, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated cheese and 1/2 tsp. toasted cumin seeds. Scatter with 1/4 cup crunchy bean sprouts, and top with second tortilla. Cook 2 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt and quesadilla holds together.
3. Carefully flip quesadilla with spatula, and cook 2 minutes more, or until slightly crisp on both sides. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas, grated cheese, cumin seeds, and sprouts. Cool quesadillas 1 to 2 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges with pizza cutter. Serve with salsa.
- Serving Size ½ quesadilla
- Calories 211
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 868 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g