These beets can be served warm in a bowl or at room temperature over a bed of greens.
- 3 lb. small beets, peeled and cut into eighths
- 3 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss beets with oil and cumin in bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread beets on 2 baking sheets, and roast 30 to 40 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through and stirring beets occasionally.
2. While beets are still hot, transfer to large bowl, and stir in green onions and lemon juice.
- Calories: 99
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 90 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g