Roasting brings out a wonderfully nutty flavor in chickpeas, which also add a punch of protein to this Middle Eastern veggie mix.
- 4 cups diced eggplant (2 medium eggplants)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size wedges
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 3 Tbs. garlic-infused olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. To make Roasted Eggplant: Preheat oven to 450°F. Place eggplant, onion, and bell pepper in large bowl. Add chickpeas, oil, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Scatter vegetable mixture on baking sheet, and roast 20 minutes, turning with spatula 2 or 3 times. Increase oven heat to 500°F. Roast vegetables 10 minutes more, or until tender.
2. To make Yogurt Sauce: Combine yogurt, tomatoes, and mint in small bowl. Stir to mix, and serve with vegetables.
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 384 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g