Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A hint of India peeks through in this hearty apple and “chicken” dish, spiked with lashes of hot—or mild—curry powder. Serve over Indian basmati rice, and pass with yogurt and flat Indian bread.
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and stir in turmeric and curry powder. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in onions and ginger, and cook 5 minutes more.
2. Pour 1/4 cup apple juice into small bowl, and whisk in cornstarch. Pour mixture and apple juice into skillet, and add “chicken” strips, mushrooms and apple. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. To serve, remove from heat, and spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts as garnish.
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g