Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, leeks, and baking soda. Cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender and browned in spots.
- Stir in vadouvan spice, and cook 30 seconds.
- Add 4 cups water, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, purée with immersion blender, and season with salt, if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with pistachios. You can also substitute almonds if you prefer.
- Calories 189
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 225 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g