Cashew butter and coconut milk make a rich, creamy sauce without the cream. You can also toss noodles with the sauce, or use it as a dip for raw vegetables or roasted cauliflower.
1. To make Rice, Tofu, and Peas: Bring rice and 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed. Remove pan from heat, and let stand until ready to serve.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook 9 to 10 minutes, or until golden, flipping occasionally. Transfer tofu to plate. Add snap peas and 2 Tbs. water to skillet, cover pan, and steam snap peas 1 minute, or until they turn bright green. Return tofu to pan.
3. Combine endives and cilantro in small bowl, and set aside.
4. To make Sauce: stir together all ingredients and 1 Tbs. water in small bowl.
5. To serve, divide rice among four bowls. Top with tofu and peas. Spoon about 2 Tbs. Sauce over each serving, and garnish with endive mixture.