Cottage cheese is the secret low-fat ingredient in these sandwiches. Try the recipe with sliced pears or apples as well.
- 2 cups reduced-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (2 Tbs.)
- 1 10-oz. sourdough baguette, cut into 4 sandwich lengths
- 1/2 cup mango chutney, optional
- 1 large peach, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (8 Tbs.)
1. Stir together cottage cheese, curry powder, ginger, and lime zest in medium bowl. Fold in celery and green onion. Set aside.
2. Split baguette lengths, leaving one side attached. Remove some of soft centers of bread to make room for filling. Spread 2 Tbs. chutney, if using, on top and bottom of bread. Fill each sandwich with 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture, 4 peach slices, and 2 Tbs. almonds.
3. Spray panini tops with cooking spray. Coat skillet or grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Place panini in pan; weight with smaller-diameter saucepan weighted with 2 cans. Cook 3 minutes, remove weight, flip panini, replace weight; cook 2 minutes more, or until panini are crisp and
filling is hot. (Or cook 4 minutes in panini maker.)
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 11 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 860 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g