Curried Cheese and Peach Panini
Cottage cheese is the secret low-fat ingredient in these sandwiches. Try the recipe with sliced pears or apples as well.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cups reduced-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (2 Tbs.)
- 1 10-oz. sourdough baguette, cut into 4 sandwich lengths
- 1/2 cup mango chutney, optional
- 1 large peach, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (8 Tbs.)
1. Stir together cottage cheese, curry powder, ginger, and lime zest in medium bowl. Fold in celery and green onion. Set aside.
2. Split baguette lengths, leaving one side attached. Remove some of soft centers of bread to make room for filling. Spread 2 Tbs. chutney, if using, on top and bottom of bread. Fill each sandwich with 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture, 4 peach slices, and 2 Tbs. almonds.
3. Spray panini tops with cooking spray. Coat skillet or grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Place panini in pan; weight with smaller-diameter saucepan weighted with 2 cans. Cook 3 minutes, remove weight, flip panini, replace weight; cook 2 minutes more, or until panini are crisp and filling is hot. (Or cook 4 minutes in panini maker.)
- Serving Size 1 sandwhich
- Calories 377
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 860 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g