Eating your greens is easy when theyre prepared with this spicy, fragrant curry sauce. Serve with basmati rice for a complete meal. Calcium per serving: 163 mg.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced peeled carrots
- 1 cup diced peeled turnips
- 1 cup vegetable stock or canned broth
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbs. arrowroot dissolved in 2 Tbs. water
- 1/2 lb. turnip greens, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb. collard greens, stemmed and coarsely chopped
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 5 minutes. Add carrots, turnips and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer until carrots and turnips are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add dissolved arrowroot and simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Add turnip and collard greens, and cook until greens are bright and tender, 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 129
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 294 mg