To make a vegan version of this vegetable curry, substitute vegetable oil for the ghee. Serve with rice and Cucumber Raita.
- 2 tsp. ghee or melted butter
- 1 10-oz. pkg. diced onions, or 1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (11/2 lb.)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces (11/2 lb.)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1. Heat ghee in pressure cooker over medium heat. Add onions, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin, mustard seeds, and turmeric, and sauté 2 minutes. Add potatoes, cauliflower, sugar, and ½ cup water.
2. Close pressure cooker, and bring up to high pressure. Cook 5 minutes.
3. Release pressure with quick-release button, or transfer pressure cooker to sink, and run cool water over rim to release pressure.
4. Stir peas into cauliflower mixture, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories: 184
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 44 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g