Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The spicy-sweet dressing for this salad is made with prepared mango chutney. Spoon around the fruit chunks in the chutney to use only the smooth, jammy sauce.
1. Cook sugar snap peas in large saucepan of boiling salted water 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate with slotted spoon to drain.
2. Stir quinoa and 1 Tbs. curry powder into same pot of boiling water. Cook 14 minutes, or until quinoa is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 Tbs. curry powder, vinegar, chutney sauce, and oil in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
4. Toss together sugar snap peas, nectarines, and onion in large bowl. Add watercress.
5. Drain quinoa, and rinse under cold water to cool; drain again. Add quinoa and dressing to salad, and toss to coat. Serve salad garnished with watercress sprigs.
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 320 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g