Curry powder is usually a mix of spices such as coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, and ground chili. It’s a wonderful complement to the sweetness of blueberries.
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snap peas
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews or roasted peanuts
1. Melt 2 Tbs. coconut oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and curry powder. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Add 4 cups water and salt (if using), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 12 minutes without stirring, or until quinoa is cooked through and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and keep covered.
2. Melt remaining 2 tsp. coconut oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, and sauté 2 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in snap peas, and sauté 5 minutes. Add blueberries, and cook 30 seconds, or until warmed through.
3. Combine blueberry mixture and quinoa in large bowl. Serve dolloped with yogurt and sprinkled with mint and cashews.
Learn how to cook delicious gluten-free, vegetarian recipes online. Sign up now!
- Calories: 278
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 16 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g