Adding curry powder, carrots and scallions to tofu makes it truly satisfying.
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained and cut into 16 cubes
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium)
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and pale green parts
1. Squeeze tofu gently but firmly, working with one cube of tofu at a time over sink, until it crumbles slightly and water drips out. Put in mixing bowl.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until tender.
3. Stir in curry powder, and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tofu, sprinkle with salt to taste, and cook, stirring, 3 minutes, or until evenly golden and firm. Add scallions, and cook, stirring often, about 1 minute. Serve.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 360 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g