Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Papaya takes center stage in a light fruit salsa served over marinated tofu steaks.
1. To make Tofu Steaks: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix soy sauce with garlic and 1/3 cup water in shallow dish. Add tofu slabs, and marinate 10 minutes. Flip, and marinate 10 minutes more.
2. Remove tofu from marinade, and place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with curry powder. Bake 40 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, to make Salsa: Combine all ingredients in bowl. Chill.
4. Serve 2 Tofu Steaks topped with 3/4 cup Salsa. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Calories 197
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 145 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g