Curry mixed with coconut milk makes a wonderful foundation for any sauce. Here, it is combined with broccoli, carrots and onions for a flavorful dish that is wonderful served over rice noodles.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add all onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Slowly stir in coconut milk, broth and curry. Cook mixture until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add carrots and broccoli. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in mint, and cook, 5 minutes. Serve over rice noodles.
- Calories: 239
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 290 mg