30 minutes or less Meal Plan: Prepare some couscous or, if you prefer, quick-cooking brown rice to serve as a bed of grains for this dish.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces (5 to 6 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch slices (21/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining 1/2 Tbs. oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add ginger, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low. Stir in onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add cauliflower, broth and salt. Cover, increase heat to medium-low and simmer until barely tender, 12 minutes.
Add zucchini and reserved mushrooms to cauliflower mixture. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve over couscous or brown rice.
- Calories: 401
- Carbohydrate Content: 72 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 594 mg