The flavorful no-cook sauce is warmed by tossing with the hot cooked pasta. This recipe is adapted from 366 Simply Delicious Dairy-Free Recipes by Robin Robertson (Plume/Penguin, 1997).
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 lb. dried ziti or other tubular pasta
- 1 cup drained and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup silken tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
In large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. When water boils, add salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until
, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in food processor, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and process until smooth, adding 1 to 2 Tbs. pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl. Spoon sauce over pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Calories: 158
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 583 mg