Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Serve this lightly sweet cake for brunch or with afternoon tea.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. To make Streusel: Stir together almonds, brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Coat 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle one-third Streusel mixture over bottom of pan.
3.To make Cake: Beat sugar, coconut oil, and egg with electric mixer in bowl until smooth and creamy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; beat until smooth. Slowly add milk and vanilla. Beat 4 minutes at medium speed until batter is smooth and creamy. Remove 1 cup batter, and set aside. Pour remaining batter in prepared baking pan, then add reserved cup of batter. Sprinkle remaining Streusel on top. Bake 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 139 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g