Truffles are usually made with heavy cream, but you'll never miss the dairy in these luscious vegan chocolates.
- 6 oz. high-quality dark chocolate (60% cocoa), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnut, almond or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Place chocolate, oil and 1/3 cup water in microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high in microwave 1 minute. Stir; heat 1 minute more, or until chocolate has melted. Whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 6 hours, or overnight.
2. Place cocoa and nuts on separate plates. Shape truffle mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls into small, 3/4-inch balls. Roll in cocoa or chopped nuts. Chill until ready to serve.
- Calories: 66
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 3 g