Rutabagas are old-fashioned vegetables that have a subtly sweet taste and firm texture. You can also use them in place of potatoes and turnips in stew recipes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 1-qt. baking dish with oil. Combine cheese, flour, sage, salt, and pepper in bowl.
2. Layer half of rutabaga, potato, onion, and fennel in prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with half of cheese mixture.
3. Top with remaining vegetables; season with salt and pepper, if desired; and pour milk over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour, or until liquid is absorbed and vegetables are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 805 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g