When making the pastry, set aside the remainder of the silken tofu to use in the quiche filling. You may make the pastry a day in advance, and store it covered in the refrigerator. Remove the dough an hour before proceeding with the recipe.
To make Pastry:
1. Lightly spray 9 & 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate with olive oil.
2. Place flour, oats and salt in food processor, and pulse to mix. Add tofu, oil and rice syrup, and blend. With motor running, pour ice water through feed tube, and process until mixture comes together in ball. Turn onto lightly floured work surface.
3. Sprinkle dough lightly with flour, and roll out to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Press into prepared pan and trim edges, leaving a 1-inch overlap. Using thumb and forefinger, press decorative edge along side, around top edge. Set dough aside in refrigerator.
To make Filling:
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. Combine tomatoes and water in small bowl, and set aside. Combine soymilk and lemon juice in nonreactive bowl, and set aside.
6. Heat oil and crushed red peppers in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, about 1 minute. Add garlic, shallots and scallions, and sauté 3 minutes. Reserving soaking liquid, add tomatoes, artichokes, capers and chopped basil to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Place tofu in food processor, and blend until smooth. Place miso in small bowl, add sherry and blend with fork until smooth. Add miso mixture, soymilk mixture and reserved soaking liquid to tofu, and process. Add potato flakes, yeast and ground turmeric, and process. Fold tofu mixture into artichokes, and mix thoroughly. Spoon mixture into pie shell, and sprinkle with dried basil. Place on middle rack in oven.
8. Bake 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes. Serve lukewarm.