Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cocoa powder and semisweet baking chocolate give these confections a rich, chocolate flavor. For extra flair, add vegan sprinkles.
To make Doughnuts:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat doughnut pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
3. Combine soymilk, chocolate chips, margarine, and vinegar in saucepan, and warm until chocolate and margarine are melted. Cool. Whisk egg replacer with 2 Tbs. water in small bowl; whisk this mixture and vanilla extract into soymilk mixture. Stir soymilk mixture into flour mixture.
4. Fill each doughnut mold half full with batter. Bake 12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean and Doughnuts spring back when pressed. Transfer Doughnuts to wire rack to cool, and repeat with remaining batter.
To make Glaze:
1. Combine confectioners’ sugar and soymilk in saucepan, and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and cool 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in vanilla.
2. Dip each doughnut into Glaze. Let Glaze set before serving.
- Calories 146
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g