Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
What’s better than grazing on crunchy bites with dip when catching up with friends or watching a game? This creamy kale dip offers a welcome little change from your usual hummus or guac. Be sure to let the finished product sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving – this softens the kale and mellows out its bitterness. You can serve with vegetables along with the Za’atar pita chips.
Creamy Kale Dip with Za’atar Pita Chips
1. Prepare pita chips: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, split pitas horizontally through centers to make 4 thin pitas total. Brush both sides of each piece with oil; cut each into 6 triangles to make 24 pieces total. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with Za’atar and salt. Bake until crisp, tossing halfway, 15 to 20 minutes. (TIP: Let cool completely; store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together all dip ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1/4 of dip and 6 pita chips
- Calories 215
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 491 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g