Cornichons are crisp pickles made from small gherkin cucumbers. If you can't find them, simply substitute your favorite pickle, or double the capers used in the recipe.
- 1 lb. new potatoes
- 1/3 cup creme fraIche or sour cream
- 6 cornichons, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp. capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1. Cover potatoes with cold water in pot, and bring to a boil. Add pinch of salt, reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine crème fraîche, cornichons, dill and capers in bowl.
3. Drain potatoes, slice in half, and return to pot. Warm over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, to dry out slightly.
3. Toss potatoes and cucumber with crème fraîche mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 118
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 272 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g