Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cream-style corn makes this cornbread amazingly moist and almost buttery. If you have any leftovers, it’s great for breakfast.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8×8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine soymilk and vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes to develop a buttermilk-like consistency. Whisk in corn, soy Cheddar, oil, and onions; set aside.
3. Combine all dry ingredients, and make a well in the middle. Pour wet mixture into well, and stir until mixed. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Calories 151
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7.5 g
- Fiber Content 15 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 799 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g