30 minutes or fewer
This streamlined version of a classic Provençal dish freezes well, so double or triple the recipe for future meals. If desired, stir some chopped fresh basil into the vegetables just before serving.
- 3 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. zucchini, sliced crosswise 1-inch thick
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Heat oil over medium-low heat in large, deep skillet. Add tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g